Thursday, June 25, 2009

Who is Perez Hilton?

I'd never heard of this knucklehead before the ridiculous dust up with Miss California. Then, after seeing the "big celebrity news" that he was punched in the face by one of the Black Eyed Peas, I decided to check him out.

I plugged his name into the search engine at Wikipedia. I'd never used Wikipedia before but had heard it was a site that was a continually updated encyclopedia. So before I checked on Hilton, I did a search for Wikipedia on Wikipedia. Sure enough, users are allowed to add, delete or edit any of the 13 million articles on the site meaning whatever you read may or may not be true! But I digress.

The first thing that pops up is his picture. He's not a very attractive man to say the least. I guess because I knew he was a Hollywood type I just figured he wouldn't be hideous. Aside from other facial anomalies, his head is too big. There, I've said it. I know you were thinking it.

His real name is Mario Lavenderderriere or something like that and according to Wiki he's got a nasty personality to match his face. Apparently, Hilton has made a name for himself by making derogatory remarks about celebrities in his blog and by "outing" famous people. Since he's gay himself, one would think he'd have a little more empathy for others who are still in the closet. The fact that he doesn't, shows he is only interested in making a buck even if it's at the expense of others. When a celebrity announces he's gay it will have an affect on his career. Might be good or might be bad, sometimes to the tune of millions of dollars. If and when the actor decides to make it public should be up to him. You'll notice I've only talked about this being a detriment to male homosexuals. Everybody loves lesbians........or at least the good looking ones. Trying to think of a lesbian outing that hurt someone's career and none come to mind. But I digress.

So Hilton had a beef with Miss California because she doesn't support gay marriage. Well I for one see this as a valid opinion and liked that she said what she was really thinking rather than give the usual cookie cutter, don't take a side response that you normally hear. Hilton obviously disagrees as he said she should have given an answer with no opinion either way because anyone in the public eye should be politically correct all the time. He then went on to do everything he could to get her removed from the Miss USA competition. Nice.

The latest is that he got in a tussle with one of the Black Eyed Peas and got punched in the face. Amazingly, no one is sticking up for him. Practically everyone, including the toast of Hollywood, are saying he deserved it! I love it! Hmmmm.....a black eye from the Black Eyed Peas. He better be careful what he says about the Fine Young Cannibals.

Big T

No comments:

Post a Comment